[governance] IANA transition - BR Gov comments on the CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Thu Jun 11 13:54:58 EDT 2015

Easier said than done but I'd think a goal would be online hearings
which are remotely accessible to defendents and plaintiffs utilizing a
reasonably scaled probably magistrate system at least for a first
pass.

I know, but using what legal jurisdiction?

At worst the same as if you appeared in person. TBD!

If we're going to let the injuries occur online then we probably have
to evolve a system of online remediation. Certainly the simple ideas
of videoconferencing and other groupware isn't new.

That may have imperfections and implementation challenges but it's
hard to imagine anything worse than, as Mawaki Chango describes vis a
vis Togo, access to justice being entirely denied by the very nature
of the available structure.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada