[governance] Parallels Between Our Oceans and Internet Governance #LawOfTheSea #InternetGovernance #Oceans #WorldOceansDay #GlobalSubmarineCables

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 15:47:37 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 3:26 AM, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law <
froomkin at law.miami.edu> wrote:

> [Michael Froomkin] : Yes, I've wondered about writing a sequel....
>

>  At 10:49 10/06/2015, you wrote:
>>
>>> [Michael Froomkin] :You might be amused by my essay "What the Law of the
>>> Sea Teaches Us About the Regulation of the Information Ocean"
>>>

>> [Daniel Pimienta] :Provocating, amusing but also frightnening sense
>> making analogy...
>>
>> The temptation is strong to extend the analogy to the limits and say that
>> the last decenny evolution of the Internet as an information ocean is the
>> one from artesanal fisheries (with little harm to marine life) to
>> industrial fisheries (a terrible disaster for marine life e.g. our personal
>> information) .... and big data fisheries (deep sea) a fatal situation for
>> many species (e.g. a killer for our privacy).
>>
>> [Sala]: Yes thanks for the link to your essay - enjoyed reading it.
Michael you should consider writing a sequel. I agree with you Daniel, it's
a tad frightening

> --
> A. Michael Froomkin, http://law.tm
> Laurie Silvers & Mitchell Rubenstein Distinguished Professor of Law
> Editor, Jotwell: The Journal of Things We Like (Lots),  jotwell.com
> Program Chair, We Robot 2016 | +1 (305) 284-4285 |  froomkin at law.tm
> U. Miami School of Law, P.O. Box 248087, Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA
>                         -->It's warm here.<--

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

*Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala T*

*P. O. Box 17862*

*Suva*

*Republic of Fiji*

*Cell: +679 7656770; *

*Home: +679 3362003*
*Twitter: @SalanietaT*

*"You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the
greatest quality of the mind next to honour." Aristotle*