[governance] IANA transition - BR Gov comments on the CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 12:31:22 EDT 2015

I think the right discussion finally arises when we stop saying it's
either international or the US.

The international arena doesn't work the way some might hope.  That
doesn't mean the US is the alternative.  It means understand what it
is that the international arena doesn't do, that we need.  And
recognizing that addressing those defects isn't necessarily about
international processes.  This is a discussion that needs to start and
recognize that it needs its own time (not even the UN understands
this).  Hopefully we can start the practical discussion only once we
see the problem defined -- and this is something that the current
circle of diplomats probably won't contribute so much as we the
peoples of the world, approaching a problem that requires a whole new
approach.

Seth