[governance] Parallels Between Our Oceans and Internet Governance #LawOfTheSea #InternetGovernance #Oceans #WorldOceansDay #GlobalSubmarineCables

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 17:39:23 EDT 2015

Dear All,

Yesterday was June 8 in most parts of the Pacific and globally we celebrate
World Oceans Day. The Pacific Commissioner for Oceans, Dame Meg Taylor has
also issued an invitation for those willing to join the coastal cleanup is
open to all interested community members, from 8-10am Thursday 11 June,
near the FIRCA building, Nasese, Suva, Fiji. To register please email
opoc at forumsec.org.

Since it is still June 8 in the Northern Hemisphere, I thought I would
share with you a little piece I wrote about the parallels of the Oceans and
Internet Governance and you can read the Article here:
*http://www.circleid.com/posts/20150608_parallels_between_our_oceans_and_internet_governance_worldoceanday/
<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20150608_parallels_between_our_oceans_and_internet_governance_worldoceanday/>*
Feel free to share the article or send me your thoughts.

Kind Regards,
Sala

P.S The views expressed in the article *are solely mine* and do not reflect
the views of any of my affiliations.