[governance] Civil society transparency

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Mon Jun 1 00:04:25 EDT 2015

On May 31, 2015, at 12:00 AM, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 2015 18:41:20 -0700
> Jeremy Malcolm <jmalcolm at eff.org> wrote:
>
>> Replying just to the IGC list
>
> As a matter of fact, Jeremy's posting was broadcast to many civil
> society mailing lists.

It was not my intention but I was replying by phone and didn't double check.

> Given that the initial set of pointed questions were sparked by the
> initial Bestbits meeting having been part of a formal "capacity
> building" programme funded in part by the US and UK government,

That is 100% false. None of the budget for that meeting was funded by any government grant and there was and is never any such capacity building program behind Best Bits. The draft report from an independent researcher that you read suggesting otherwise was categorically incorrect and I can only hope was subsequently corrected.