[bestbits] [governance] AW: From Confusion to Clarification

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Jan 26 10:48:32 EST 2015

-Cc all except the IGC list

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:03:20 +0000
Mawaki Chango <kichango at gmail.com> wrote:

> In other words, IGC which is also a CSCG member is certainly not one
> voice.

In fact, despite all its shortcomings (which include the fact that
what the Charter says about enforcing the posting rules is not being
done, and may in fact be impossible to do) IGC. i.e. this list, right
now is still the best place to go to when desiring a broad discussion
inclusive of the whole variety of civil society viewpoints.

> Furthermore you have on the other hand folks such as JFC and their
> following, whom I am not sure to what extent they overlap with JNC
> and to what extent they have a distinct voice.

100% distinct. Neither JFC nor anyone with a similar viewpoint is a
member of JNC ( http://justnetcoalition.org/jnc-members ).

Also please keep in mind that JNC members have every right to speak
with their own distinct voice. JNC does not speak for its members
except when a JNC statement is issued. (These go through a formal
consensus call process.)

Greetings,
Norbert
co-convenor, Just Net Coalition (JNC)