[governance] Piece on IG in the annual 'state of power' publication

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Jan 24 20:11:00 EST 2015

Some of you may be aware that the Transnational Institute brings out an
annual 'State of Power' publication to conclude with the WEF meetings in
Davos and the declarations by the 1 percent that may be issued over there.

The introduction to this publication is as follows;

"The fourth edition of our annual State of Power report, coinciding with
the international meeting in Switzerland of what Susan George calls “the
Davos class”. This series seeks to examine different dimensions of
power, unmask the key holders of power in our globalised world, and
identify sources of transformative counter-power."
(ends)

While the whole of it is worth reading, I especially point to the
chapter on Internet governance "The true stakes of Internet governance".

please see http://www.tni.org/stateofpower2015

parminder