[governance] Fwd: [bestbits] [nncoalition] FOLLOW WIRED Twitter Facebook RSS FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler: This Is How We Will Ensure Net Neutrality

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Thu Feb 5 21:31:00 EST 2015

Hi all,

It's interesting to observe that the term "network neutrality" does not
appear anywhere in the FCC text (see link below). The emphasis is on "rules
to preserve and protect the open Internet as a place for innovation and
free expression".

A second observation is the lack of any mention of the ICANN monopoly on
generic Top Level Domains. Perhaps this matter is off legal FCC turf. But
it cannot be viewed as a way "to preserve and protect the open Internet as
a place for innovation and free expression". As the USG is adamant to keep
control of its temple guardian, a possible avenue is attacking this
monopoly in EU or WTO.

Louis

Chairman Tom Wheeler: This Is How We Will Ensure Net Neutrality
To: Carolina Rossini <carolina.rossini at gmail.com>, "
nncoalition at mailman.edri.org" <nncoalition at mailman.edri.org>, "
bestbits at lists.bestbits.net bestbits at lists.bestbits.net&gt" <
bestbits at lists.bestbits.net>

Hi all,

FYI

Fact Sheet: Chairman Wheeler Proposes New Rules for Protecting the Open
Internet

*http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2015/db0204/DOC-331869A1.pdf
<http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2015/db0204/DOC-331869A1.pdf>*

Best,