[governance] Towards an Internet Social Forum

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sun Feb 1 02:34:18 EST 2015

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 01:41:01 +0530
Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:

> Did you, by any chance, miss what he said about consensus and it's
> gradual breakdown over the past two years on this caucus?

No I didn't. And in fact I'm sufficiently well-aware of this problem
from my own observations that I don't need anyone to tell me that it
exists.

Now in spite of this problem, and in fact even acknowledging it, WK is
calling for civil society to "speak with one voice".

So I find it natural to ask how it would be determined what this "one
voice" says concretely!

In particular, some kind of credible plan would be needed to prevent
such a determination from being made on behalf of civil society as a
whole in a way that in reality might be significantly less inclusive
than it would claim to be.

Greetings,
Norbert