[governance] Text of Parminder's input

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Fri Dec 18 11:49:33 EST 2015

> On Dec 17, 2015, at 8:14 AM, anita <anita at itforchange.net> wrote:
> Pl find the link to a video clip and the corresponding transcript here: http://www.itforchange.net/UNGA_WSIS10

Parminder concludes:
> …. left to itself the digital-network phenomenon will certainly be appropriated by the powerful and will result in an even more unequal and unfair world…

Whereas I would conclude: Left to a "democratic mechanism for global governance of the Internet” the digital-network phenomenon will certainly be appropriated by the democratic mechanism’s representatives Centralizing the governance of a distributed system makes it far more subject to capture than by any other method.

GG