[governance] The decentralization of IP addresses

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Fri Dec 11 08:52:11 EST 2015

At 21:38 09/12/2015, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

>>On 10-Dec-2015, at 2:02 AM, JFC Morfin
>><<mailto:jefsey at jefsey.com>jefsey at jefsey.com> wrote:
>>
>>At 18:59 29/11/2015, Jean-Christophe Nothias wrote:
>>>Third, challenging the Internet architecture seems to be a red
>>>line, something that no multistakeholder/status quo champion could
>>>ever discuss, debate, think of. They should think twice. And not
>>>because of the ITU,  but
>>
>>>1. because of the US obstructive stance,
>>>2. and because technology calls for innovation and disruption
>
>and 3. Because technology calls for people with an awareness of the
>technology to discuss it, and enough awareness of technology and its
>architecture to suggest viable alternatives.  This is not something
>I would encourage you to attempt if your sole experience with the
>internet is checking your email or possibly operating a small
>mailserver for friends and family on a linux server.

Dear Suresh,

I was not specifically refering to you. However, if you read the part
on Willi, I am sure you will understand why you and everyone
can/should contribute. We all agree that the internet technology is
the implemetation of a least ambitious initial architecture that was
definitly planned to robustly upgrade. This did not occur yet, but IAB
and IRTF have now engaged work into that direction.

The IAB work could be interesting to follow for internet minded
activists to better understand the possibilities of evolution of the
internet approach
https://www.iab.org/activities/programs/ip-stack-evolution-program/

Many in here are certainly internet fluent enough to share in the IRTF
research group on human rights  https://github.com/nllz/IRTF-HRPC

Cheers !
jfc