[governance] Internet Governance in Latin America research project

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:06:17 EDT 2015

Dear friends,

first, we have to understand, why we need "Internet Governance".

The fundamental definition is the virtual addressing princip. Based on
this predefinition you create a request for centralism. And it is clear
and honest, when we say, that at this moment the users of the Internet
have nothing more to determine.

It is not a technical decision, that we have the virtual addressing
methods. In the beginning of the Internet it was absolutly clear, that
this system have to be private. Not like the streets between the local
communities. And the access to this transport system have to stay under
controll of private companies. And with and over this private companies
the states can act.

In the answer of Sergio we find some links and tips to his environment.
He, and all this people in this environment, have no interest for a free
Internet with a free access to this transport system. He have his
interest for a job in this institutions. And many people in this IG
lists have the same basic interest.

Nnenna Nwakanma spoke clear about his principles and intentions. But not
about, how we can realize it. Michael Gurstein, i am shure, have the
same principles. But never he speak about the technical basics. Also
Jean-François C. (Jefsey) Morfin have the same intention, motivation and
principles like Nnenna. But he have more problems to understand the
principles of the technical architecture.

If we create a technical architecture with the needs for centralized
Governance, than we lost. Always. And we have to be clear, that this
definition is not a technical request. The technical definitions always
come from our Philosophy. From our systems of thought and values.

The universities and research centers of the states are oriented today
on the money flow. And not on the development of technolgy for a easier
life for the people. And also the most people in this environment are
oriented to a high income. The consequence is the domination of military
interests and private technical monopolisation. Because from this we
have the biggest flow of money.

The only way to break through this blockades is the free technology.
Free for all people to use. Free to develop in a global cooperation.
Based on the principles: "global thinking, local doing" and "knowledge
is always world heritage". On this way we come to: "the free association
of free members".

If we want to create the real Internet, the interconnections of local
networks, based on the autonomous local networks, based on the global IP
address from the geografical position of the local networks, then we
have to create our own free technology for this technical components.
And the local capacity for building of this components in the
local/regional environment.

The InterNet is only a transport system for digital data in packet form.
No more. The communication is an act of the people self. This stupid
propaganda to the internet we have to stop.

"A constant dripping wears the stone." I have to repeat this principles.
Like you with your arguments for "Internet Governance". It is the same.
Based on our different intentions, motivations and perspectives.

many greetings, willi
Cordoba, Argentina