[governance] Call for nominations for Civil Society representation on the IGF's MAG

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:38:49 EDT 2014

Dear all,

Following our notice and call for comments posted here on Sept 12 (below
for your reference), here is the formal call for nominations for civil
society representatives for the IGF Multistakeholder Advisory group (MAG).

This nomination process in 2014 will be run across several civil society
coalitions, including Best Bits, IGC, APC, Diplo, NCSG, and Just Net
Coalition, who together comprise the Civil Society Coordination Group. You
are welcome to nominate through any of the above individual coalitions.
Nominations close on Tuesday, September 30, 2014.

If you wish to nominate via IGC, or you have been nominated and wish to
accept, please do so either on list or by email to kichango at gmail.com (by
line.)

Please include in your nomination the nominee's name, country of residence,
country of nationality, and gender. Please also specifically address each
of the selection criteria below, giving us examples and evidence of how the
nominee meets each of the individual selection criteria.

CRITERIA

* Past record of active engagement as part of civil society groups working
on internet governance issues, acting or speaking out assertively on behalf
of public interest concerns.

* Willingness and commitment to consult with and report back to CS networks
(including beyond those focused on internet governance where appropriate) on
MAG discussions.

* Previous attendee at IGF at a global or regional level.

* Willing, available and able to participate effectively and constructively
in the MAG deliberations.

Existing MAG members seeking CSCG endorsement should also follow this
process.

Nominations must close on Tuesday, September 30. The list of candidates
endorsed by CSCG will be published no later than October 16.

More about the IGF and the MAG can be obtained from www.intgovforum.org
Best regards,
Mawaki
IGC Co-coordinator