[governance] [govenance] The domain name racket goes on

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Thu Sep 18 08:40:12 EDT 2014

Thanks, Louis.

How long will it still be possible to LOL?

And how transparent is it where these dollars go?

I remember there were some time not conclusive discussions about staff
perks (some working on TLD system development), and some discussion
about staff salaries or "benefits" - ICANN is a non-profit.

So am I.

What I have done from 1994 to more recently to connect the country to
the Internet, to get the Cambodian script into Unicode, to help to
organize the creation of localized Khmer Open Source software (now the
official software for the Ministry of Education and everything under it
in Teachers Training Colleges, Provincial Offices of Education, and
schools that have computer), all that was also non-profit.

But at the end, ICANN seems to have a lot of money.

Norbert Klein
Cambodia