[governance] Wikileaks on FinFisher

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 21:05:53 EDT 2014

According to recent whistleblowing by Wikileaks:

See: https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html
"

Through FinFisher's support and feedback platform, customers could provide
feedback, open support request and obtain updates to the products they
acquired.

The majority of customers are just identified by a 8 digits long
alphanumeric username, the few recognizable usernames revealed names of
third companies such as *Cobham Surveillance GmbH* in Germany, *Dyplex
Communications Ltd* in Canada, *Elaman GmbH* in Germany and *Trovicor GmbH*
in Germany. It's important to notice that none of them have product
licenses associated with them, meaning they might be distribution partners,
rather than actual customers.

Some customers were identified through the analysis of support requests and
attached documents they provided to FinFisher support. This included
Slovakia <https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_15>,
Mongolia <https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_18>, Qatar
<https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_21> State
Security, South Africa
<https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_28>, Bahrain
<https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_29>, Pakistan
<https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_32>, Estonia
<https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_47>, Vietnam
<https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_48>, Australia
<https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_49> NSW Police,
Belgium <https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_61>,
Nigeria <https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_65>,
Netherlands <https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_68>
KLPD, PCS Security in Singapore
<https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_69>, Bangladesh
<https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_71>, Secret
Services of Hungary
<https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_73>, Italy
<https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_81> and Bosnia &
Herzegovina <https://wikileaks.org/spyfiles4/customers.html#customer_82>
Intelligence.

Provided with the price list, we calculated an estimation of the profit
FinFisher generated through the sale of surveillance products. Applying the
retail price to all the licenses available in the database, they amount to
a total of *EURO 47,550,196*, or EURO 98,362,554 if we consider all the licenses
marked as "deleted" too.
Consider that the FinFly ISP licenses were not taken into account as no
price as provided, and that support and training costs were not included in
this estimation. Therefore we could realistically expect a higher number.

In the following table you can browse through each customer record, read
their support requests, see the licenses they acquired, whether they are
customers at the time of this publication and an estimation of how much
money was invested in the acquisition of such licenses. "