[governance] Re: [discuss] [bestbits] Draft statement on making IGF permanent

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 3 18:58:06 EDT 2014

I defer to others on this list who are regulars at IGF to answer your
questions in detail, but I think you would have takers on that bet.  I
think the idea is to push for long term (not permanent, noone can ask
for permanent these days) so that funding can be secured, and better
long range planning assured.  We should be out of ad hoc land by now,
and it certainly does not look like we are, to newbies such as myself (
I should mention that the last time I came to IGF in person was in
2006).  Why now? sadly the time to get collective action is often when
folks are gathered together. Believe me, I have been missing sessions
for two days to draft this thing and collaborate so I heartily agree
that there are other wonderful things to be doing here. :-)
Latest changes are now back up on the mozilla pad at
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/LQO468JD1K
Stephanie