[governance] Tweedledum and Tweedledee WAS Re: [bestbits] Time-sensitive: 24 hour sign on period for ITU Plenipot joint recommendations

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sat Oct 25 05:27:47 EDT 2014

This is one of those rare occasions where I agree with Jeremy

A nation state model does not fit where individual industry and civil
society stakeholders might find themselves holding entirely different
positions from a government agency representing their country in a
particular igov process (and indeed, in the rather unique case of india
under the previous government, the strange case where one ministry
enthusiastically supported the multistakeholder model while other agencies
at other igov events firmly rejected it in favour of multilateral forms of
governance)

If there is indeed such broad support for multilateral and government
driven igov, we might as well disband this list and trust to our government
representatives to represent us adequately in the plenipot and at further
such events.