[governance] WSIS+10 Review

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at orange.fr
Sat Oct 18 11:26:16 EDT 2014

Thanks to you, Sala, for this valuable and rich information on the "progress made" in the WSIS Action Plan and Agenda.

i guess all the UN people are satisfied, whereas some/most countries will have a rather prudent position.

But, let's read all this stuff ; perhaps it entails some surprises :-))

More seriously, I do hope there are some people from CS WSIS orgs to prepare a more serious paper on the outcome of the long and one-sided (mostly boring, thanks to the ITU),  BTW, Who will replace "our" Bill Mc Iver and Sally Burch who chaired successfully (and with their entire commitment) our debates and plenaries during both phases of the WSIS ? And Where is CONGO ???

Best regards

Jean-Louis Fullsack

> Message du 18/10/14 08:43
> De : "Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro"
> A : "governance at lists.igcaucus.org"
> Copie à :
> Objet : [governance] WSIS+10 Review

Dear All,

I think that we should start thinking about the review of the WSIS +10 that is scheduled for 2015 and prepare putting together formal submissions as an IGC on the matter. It will also be interesting to see who conducts/facilitates the Review whether this will be the CSTD or otherwise.

The discussions at the UN General Assembly in New York this week was interesting. SPaCS has summarised the gist of the discussions.

Kind Regards,

     governance at lists.igcaucus.org