[governance] Re: [bestbits] UNGA resolution on the right to privacy in the digital age

Guru Guru at ITforChange.net
Wed Nov 26 23:09:02 EST 2014

see
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-opinion/united-nations-moves-to-strengthen-digital-privacy/article6637660.ece

.....Mr. Braun warned that without proper checks, “we risk turning into
Orwellian states” where citizens are being constantly monitored, he told
the General Assembly’s committee on human rights. The resolution was
adopted by consensus by the committee and now goes before the full
Assembly in December. It followed weeks of tough negotiations with
Australia, Britain, Canada, New Zealand and the U.S. — members of the
so-called Five Eyes intelligence alliance — who sought to limit the
resolution’s scope.
The five countries are not among the 65 co-sponsors of the bill.

Five Eyes = Big Brother!  .... important to consider/remember this, as
the Five Eyes are not amongst the countries routinely castigated by
some, on these lists....

Regards
Guru
Gurumurthy Kasinathan
Director, IT for Change
In Special Consultative Status with the United Nations ECOSOC
http://karnatakaeducation.org.in/KOER/en/index.php/Subject_Teacher_Forum