[bestbits] [governance] Re: NMI and the Brazilian CGI.br

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Nov 25 10:11:26 EST 2014

At our meeting with Fadi in NYC yesterday he seemed to be distancing the
NMI process from the WEF

http://youtu.be/huI6PucrL7c

Earlier he spoke of the undeniable need for a forum for nation states to
discuss non-technical Internet issues. Later he described the NMI as a
"blank slate" waiting for bottom-up initiatives. (I'll post full video
later today)

So, perhaps he is coming to accept that the two ideas are not necessarily
entirely compatible?

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 9:42 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>
wrote:

> Civil society partnering with the WEF on a global governance initiative is
> not the civil society we knew. It is something new. But new can be
> interesting. Lets see where it leads us..
>
> parminder

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
-