[governance] URGENT: Last call for feedback on CS participation in NETmundial Initiative

Raul Echeberria echeberria at isoc.org
Fri Nov 21 09:22:48 EST 2014

Jeanette:

Let me just add some factual information on this.
The creation of IGF (a Forum at that time) was an idea that emerged from the WGIG, a multistakeholder group, and that group included this option in its report.
While you are right that the agreement to create the forum was achieved in a multilateral framework (WSIS 2005), it is also true that it was a public discussion and many of us from different stakeholders groups were involved in that discussion.

The last point is that the form of the IGF, agendas, formats, and everything, has been since the beginning discussed in a multistakeholder manner.

Raúl