[governance] URGENT: Last call for feedback on CS participation in NETmundial Initiative

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Fri Nov 21 02:39:58 EST 2014

I think if ISOC continues to not be involved, and there is no significant buy in from other I* orgs other than ICANN, then the NMI will not end up being a very significant process anyway.

But I certainly think that if the CSCG, or individual groups within it, continue to negotiate, and particularly if there is a significant change that responds to ISOC concerns, then that is no problem. If CS members wish to participate in the process in the hope that happens, I have no problem with that.

That said, I'd be surprised if ISOC change their position without huge changes to the process (possibly equivalent to more or less starting again).

I personally doubt JNC will rejoin the process unless WEF is effectively removed from any leadership role, but I'm sure they are more than capable of explaining their position themselves.

David