[bestbits] [governance] Whether to participate in NETmundial Initiative - RFC

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Thu Nov 20 06:43:35 EST 2014

Hi all, I share Anja's skepticism but also Anriette's more principled stance on participating in new processes. We need to communicate with relevant actors in this field. Ultimately I think the pragmatic question is if we find a sufficient number of qualified and trustworthy candidates who are willing to contribute on our behalf in the NMI. Whether or not we have experienced people who want to participate is a valuable indicator in itself, don't you agree? (I don't buy the well-known argument that those who are willing to get involved do this for career purposes.)
Jeanette