[governance] URGENT: Last call for feedback on CS participation in NETmundial Initiative

Baudouin Schombe baudouin.schombe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 08:55:46 EST 2014

 My question becomes increasingly growing:
1. What happens to the NetMundial?
2. NetMundial initiative is different from NetMundial launched in Brazil?
3. All these groupings of civil society are more partisan and exclusive
selections. It looks like copineries and friendships circles.
I think we should take into account national and regional realities. Whether
we talk or IGF NetMundial we need from considerations of each country because
everything is based on some national issues is our continental location.
All these debates within civil society suggests a crisis of leadership with
all its consequences.
What we want exactly?
With representation from civil society in UNCTAD, there has been exclusion;
for MAG, so many asctuces and in the current situation for NetMundial again
and again discriminatory policies.
Ultimately, whatever the plurality of civil society, should understand that
many plurality of concepts also need?

> Dear All,
>
> You must have heard a good deal about this by now, so I won't repeat the
> background details. In the middle of the night last night, before hitting
> the bed after a long and drawn out day playing catch-up with deadlines, I
> saw that Ian (chair of CSCG) forwarded the NMI Transitional Committee's
> reply the CSCG enquiry. Basically, they are willing to let the CSCG vet CS
> candidates to be part of the NMI Coordination Council.
>
> Now the question before us is to get a feel of the membership of CSCG
> member entities as to whether to get involved in the NMI process or not. I
> believe this is the last step in the consultations we've been having (with
> NMI initiators, among ourselves at the CSCG and with the membership of our
> respective organizations.) After this we should be able to give a definite
> answer, formulate a definite position about our participation in the NMI
> process.
>
> So what do you think? Please get right to the point and be brief. State
> your preference for IGC Involvement or No involvement and, if you care to
> provide us with such, I would be grateful to you if you could keep your
> supporting argument in one short paragraph (as we just want to take the
> "temperature of the room" if you see what I mean.)
>
> Thank you for your understanding.
> Best regards.
>
> Mawaki

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

*SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN*

*COORDINATION NATIONALE CAFEC*

*ICANN/AFRALO Member*
*ISOC Member*
Téléphone mobile:+243998983491/+243813684512
email                  : b.schombe at gmail.com
skype                 : b.schombe
blog                    : http://akimambo.unblog.fr