[governance] People with disabilities

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:29:26 EST 2014

My message was sent in response to a suggestion from Lorena to have a
"youth category". What is needed is a mechanism to ensure that the concerns
of people with disabilities are expressed. For the last few years that
mechanism was provided (apparently fortuitously) by the presence on the MAG
of Judy Okite, (civil society/technical) who is herself disabled and
therefore was unlikely to forget the concerns of people with disabilities.
It would be good always to have someone on the MAG whose special
responsibility was to act as a liaison for the billion people on the planet
who live with disability, to remember and to voice their concerns.
Deirdre