[governance] EuroDIG call for proposals now open until 31 Dec. 2015

sandra hoferichter sandra.hoferichter at freenet.de
Fri Nov 14 04:33:50 EST 2014

*We apologise for cross posting*

If you haven't received the last EuroDIG info letter please subscribe to our
mailing list <http://www.eurodig.org/about/newsletter/>  and visit the new
EuroDIG website <http://www.eurodig.org/>

cid:4D7E4731.09B495E6.00000002

Information letter No. 7/14

1.     Call for proposals now open

With some delay the call for proposals is now open and is a core element of
EuroDIG's inclusiveness and bottom-up process. Everybody is invited to
submit proposals on topics and issues to contribute to EuroDIG's 2015 agenda
setting  until 31st of December this year. Please use the online submission
form available at www.eurodig.org.

The EuroDIG core team is always seeking to improve and simplify
participation at EuroDIG. After evaluating our previous events, the
clustering of themes in our previous compilation of proposals has always
been a challenge.

The core team decided to try a slightly different approach for this year: In
addition to freely propose any topic that you would like to see discussed,
you can also propose a topic that might fit in one of the key topics we
propose to you. We hope that this new approach might facilitate the task of
the programme team to better structure the incoming proposals into a
programme schedule.

Suggested key topics:

1.    Accessibility (Equality / Digital divide)

2.    Internationalised Domain Names

3.    Human Rights

4.    Security

5.    Innovation and economy development

6.    Other

According to discussions in the core team, these key topics may reflect some
of the specific challenges and areas of interest to stakeholders also in
South-Eastern European countries.

2.     New website

We start the 2015 EuroDIG process with a new website. Our aim is to provide
clear guidance through the EuroDIG participation process and allow everybody
to get involved at any time. The website is work in progress. We are still
working on some modules and this process will be finalised by the end of the
year. Let us know how you like it!

3.     Save the date -Public planning meeting on 27 January 2015 in Sofia

It is a tradition that the broader European community meets the local
community of the host country at the beginning of each year, agrees on the
overarching theme and set the scene for the EuroDIG programme of the
upcoming year. You can participate personally or remotely.

Precise meeting details and agenda will be published timely on the website.

4.     South Eastern European round table

We would like to take the next EuroDIG in Bulgaria as an opportunity to
better involve participants from South Eastern European countries and are
planning a roundtable discussion the day before EuroDIG on 3 June 2015.
Please fix the date in your calendar and let us know whether you like to
contribute to this event. Of course, such a round table needs a significant
number of stakeholders from these regions and we are trying hard to raise
travel funds. Please contact the EuroDIG secretariat
<mailto:office at eurodig.org>  if you see opportunities to raise travel funds.

Thanks for your ideas and precious contributions!

The EuroDIG team

            Unsubscribe from the news letter here
<http://www.eurodig.org/about/newsletter/>

  _____

European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG)

 <mailto:office at eurodig.org> office at eurodig.org
 <http://www.eurodig.org> www.eurodig.org