AW: [governance] Flash: World Economic Forum Issues 2015 Global Agenda

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Sun Nov 9 06:17:57 EST 2014

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the WEF Report. If we describe ICANN as  the "microcosm" and WSIS/IGF/NetMundial as the "macrocosm" than this WEF report covers the "universe". The chapter on the Future of the Internet has some points (but also a number of omissions). I see a statement on p.89  which is interesting and which I can subscribe. The author supports a multistakeholder model with "no single point of failure or domination by a single group of set of interests". And furthermore: "We need a clearer understanding of the limits of goverment and corporate intervention online". Yes, this limits are needed. And civil society can and has to play here an important  watchdog role against any type of domination.

Wolfgang

p.