[governance] Fwd: Request to mailing list Forum rejected

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Nov 6 06:06:44 EST 2014

On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 08:16:39 +0530
Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:

> Dear JNC members, It might be a bright idea to stop copying your
> mailing list on email sent to the caucus if you have and enforce such
> a rule as this one below.

Actually the message "Non-members are not allowed to post messages to
this list" is a default message in the Mailman mailing list software
and it is not totally accurate for the “forum” mailing list hosted by
JNC. I'll make sure that it gets changed.

It is true that discussions on the forum mailing list are supposed to
be among subscribers of that mailing list, and that it is therefore
generally not to be recommended to crosspost discussion postings
to the “forum” and in addition one or more other mailing lists.

However: Everyone (including non-subscribers) is still welcome to use
the forum list address to bring matters to the attention of JNC which
they think will be of interest. Such announcement type postings which
are of interest to JNC are welcome and will be approved even if they
are from a non-subscriber and even if they are cross-posted to many
lists.

Greetings,
Norbert
co-convenor, Just Net Coalition