[governance] [Ianaplan] A Libre IUser community Draft

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Nov 5 11:06:56 EST 2014

Dear all,

In order to permit a normal work of the IETF/WG/IANAPLAN  that has
committed to consider proposals from other communities, and due to
the I_D sumission cut-off period we had not anticipated, we have
formally created a small Libre IUWG at http://iuwg.net to publish and
complete the draft we had prepared as a contribution from an RFC 6852
small global community/NTIA stakeholder. This unplaned WG will
formalize in the coming days/weeks.

To please Jay Daley: we are Libre members of the Montpellier area
where we hold the RMLL in july, members of few friendly specialized
lists of mine, a Libre development lab in the cyberagora field, the
founders of a small communities/villages oriented Libre non-profit
Digital Services Provider under incroporation, etc.. So, it is likely
that our IP addresses will sometimes be in the same geographical
area, and probably from our own AS (planned for Jannuary 2015). :-)

No to slow down the clear compromise process we propose we have only
updated a few words in our draft 0.0, (prepared for an IETF/WG) in
order to address the issue in the perspective that a separate WG or
SDO shares with the IETF, IRT our own names, numbers and parameters
referent registries for our users.

You will find the draft at the
http://iuwg.net/images/draft-iuwg-intlnet-sdo-registry-relations.00.pdf

We understand that the WG/IANAPLAN will consider in a meeting on Nov
10 if they want to amalgamate (some of) our positions within a
WG/IANAPLAN revised draft or if we will have to advance our positions
separately. We will therefore not discuss them outsie of the
WG/IANAPLAN until their decision, but we can provide additional inputs.

Please note that our focus is not on the political aspects of the US
Governance of the Internet (NTIA vs FCC) but on our best interests in
the global ITU, IG, Russia/China, Libre/Oligarchic,
regalian/business/civil, etc multi-macro/micro-stakeholder context,
and mostly on the various MYCANN plug-ins developments being
considered or under way.

Best
jfc