[governance] India and Multistakehoolderism

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Nov 5 09:02:17 EST 2014

On Wednesday 05 November 2014 05:07 PM, McTim wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 8:54 PM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
>> On Tuesday 04 November 2014 11:13 PM, "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wrote:
>>> FYI
>>>

>>> http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/features/smartbuy/tech-news/india-may-dilute-stand-on-net-control/article6524088.ece
>>
>> Hi Wolfgang
>>

> <Snip>
>
>> Everyone agrees that technical and day to day administration should be done
>> by MS systems, within higher public policy principles that should be
>> administered in a arms length manner with clearly laid out process.
> India didn't believe that when they put their original proposal forward at PP14!

India asked for laying public policy principles for management of
addressing resource in collaboration with other concerned stakeholders
and organisations. It did not comment on who should undertake 'technical
and day to day administration'. My views on the proposal were sent to
this list a while ago... I do not agree with all the proposed directions
in which principles were sought to be developed.