[governance] New Report: Current Export Controls for Surveillance Tools are Outdated and Ineffective

Guru गुरु Guru at ITforChange.net
Wed Mar 26 10:11:51 EDT 2014

On 03/25/2014 06:03 AM, Ian Peter wrote:
> Hi Carolina (copies to multiple lists taken out)
snip

> Ian Peter
> PS Australia perhaps should be added to the list of countries who
> should be forbidden use of surveillance software after using it to
> advance commercial offshore oil deals with the poor neighbouring
> country of East Timor (not to mention using it to tap the phone of the
> wife of the President of Indonesia). But then, I guess we had better
> leave privacy out of any considerations on limitations of software
> sales here...

Dear Ian
Why do you think  we should "better leave privacy out of any
considerations on limitations of software sales". Is this not an issue
for public policy?
regards,
Guru