[governance] Re: [discuss] Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun Mar 23 21:21:13 EDT 2014

Because you are good enough to say that I know spam well .. I am sorry, how or why is the true origin of spam or any sort of email complex to identify?   At least from the perspective of a receiving mail system, there is the originating IP address, there are various authentication mechanisms (such as DMARC) which allow receiving systems to identify and flag / reject forged mail etc etc.

The opinion of the common people, you say, favors exclusively governmental funding and pushes for intergovernmental control (minus the USA, ideally) of the Internet?  That would be strange indeed.  And how many of the common people are informed enough on igov to form their own opinion without falling for the first inflammatory and poorly reported / slanted article they read on either side of this debate?  What is being done to reach out to them?

--srs (iPad)