[governance] Re: [discuss] Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Sun Mar 23 14:04:57 EDT 2014

At 17:07 23/03/2014, Alejandro Pisanty wrote:
>On your question of private financing of governmental committees: I
>wish it were formulated in a way relevant to the discussions here,
>which are about sources of funding for one of many possible
>multstakeholder organizations - not government. Let's keep
>discussions, even if indirectly, tethered to the design of an
>NTIA-function substitute.

Alejandro,

I am sorry but I do not understand your logic here.
1. you want to keep discussion tethered to the design of a substitute
of an NTIA-function, i.e. a function currently carried by an national
executive.
2. yet you do not want to discuss the possibility (or not) of a
private funding for that today governmental function?

If Governmental functions cannot be financed by private sources, it
means that the NTIA-function substitute,
- either cannot be financed by private sources
- or cannot include a Government stakeholder group.

If there is no Gov stakeholder gourp, it is unlikely to have an
independent CS group being sustained. This means that the IG mostly
resolves to the sole Private sector MS Group.
Where is the flaw in my reasoning?
jfc