[governance] RE: [bestbits] NTIA announcment

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 14:47:45 EDT 2014

Am I the only one who reads the NTIA statement as trading off something which is not of core interest i.e. control over the DNS function (it can’t under any but the most extraordinary circumstances be used in any case), for something that seems t be of fundamental and core interest i.e. implanting Multi-stakeholderism at the very heart of the emerging mechanisms/institutions of global (Internet) Governance.

So the question is, why does the USG see (a still undefined) “multi-stakeholderism” as being so important?

BD