[governance] Vodafone accused of secretly sharing data with British agency

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Tue Mar 11 06:39:48 EDT 2014

Guru गुरु [11/03/14 15:44 +0530]:
>In the light of the large scale complicity of transnational IT
>corporates in colluding with their political masters (see today's
>news item from the same newspaper which reported the Google market
>malpractice probe yesterday),  how do we expect  any meaningful

The newspaper - even the home ministry - says "accused"

Whatever happened to due process or is it to be "guilty till proved
innocent"?

And how do I expect any meaningful progress in public policy when such
vocal persons are engaged in poisoning the atmosphere with frequent
diatribes, justified or not, against one industry player or the other?

There's absolutely no point in multistakeholder engagement when
people and organizations have to watch their backs for friendly fire when
attempting to build consensus.