[governance] Internet Rights Conference in Graz on 13 and 14 March

Benedek, Wolfgang (wolfgang.benedek@uni-graz.at) wolfgang.benedek at uni-graz.at
Tue Mar 11 04:28:49 EDT 2014

Dear Oksana,

I'm happy to have Your colleague at this conference. And I'm following the events in Ukraine like many of my colleagues with fears and hopes that a sustainable solution can be found. As an international layer I'm shocked by the blatant violation of international legal rules. As You might know the Austrian Minister of  Foreign Affairs, Mr. Kurz, has just been in Kiev in his capacity as the chair of the CoE.

Regarding the agenda of the conference on "Shaping the digital environment – ensuring our rights on the Internet", it was determined by the Council of Europe together with the Austrian government, we in Graz are only the local co-organizers.

There will be a lifestream available, on which I will inform soon.

Kind regards

Wolfgang Benedek

Von: Oksana Prykhodko <sana.pryhod at gmail.com<mailto:sana.pryhod at gmail.com>>
Datum: Montag, 10. März 2014 23:10
An: "governance at lists.igcaucus.org<mailto:governance at lists.igcaucus.org>" <governance at lists.igcaucus.org<mailto:governance at lists.igcaucus.org>>, Universität Graz <wolfgang.benedek at uni-graz.at<mailto:wolfgang.benedek at uni-graz.at>>
Betreff: Re: [governance] Internet Rights Conference in Graz on 13 and 14 March

Dear Mr. Benedek,

Thank you very much for your letter. It was extremely important for me to participate in your conference, but, unfortunately, just now Ukraine is in position of informational war, and on the brink of physical war. I have to be here (in Ukraine) now.

I am very happy that my Ukrainian colleague - Andrii Paziuk - is invited to your conference. But I do not see him in the program of the conference.

I do not see also any other participants from Ukraine in your program. Are you going to discuss any Digital Future for Europe without (at least) taking into consideration latest events in Ukraine? It's not about Ukraine in EU. It's about situation in Europe after latest events in Ukraine.

I would be very happy to receive your personal feedback asap,

Best regards from Ukraine,
Oksana Prykhodko,
director of iNGO European Media Platform