[governance] need for regulation ....

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 00:02:24 EDT 2014

Hi,

I think that you are missing something: Google is not leader everywhere .
Baidu in China, Yandex in Russia, Naver in South Korea (which also have
noew one othe biggest messaging app "LINE"), Yahoo Japan
it mens that is possible to have local search engine and even beat google,
in particular whenever that local competitor handles the non-latin script.
so why country like India having many IT companies dont have a local search
engine? I dont see what kind of anti-competition behavior from google
prevented from having an indian search engine leader (the article didn't
indicate any)?

there is temptation to use regulation to prevent a foreign company to get
market share and  instead foster national companies. I don't see how that
will benefit users and the irony is that it will basically benefit private
sector .

like others argued previously, there is choice to use other search engines.

Best,

Rafik