[governance] Internet Rights Conference in Graz on 13 and 14 March

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Mon Mar 10 21:11:09 EDT 2014

Dear Oksana,

Thank you for reminding us about the situation there in Ukraine.
It is not only about the Digital Future for Europe, but also for us all
on the globe.

Not knowing exactly what to do from the Far East, but Russia
is also our neighbor, and our government is taking a rather
soft position to Russia since we have already enough diplomatic
problems with both Chinese and Korean governments (not necessarily
with people), and having the negotiation/ dispute over  the four islands
with Mr. Putin, I just like to send my message of support to you.

izumi

> Dear Mr. Benedek,
>
> Thank you very much for your letter. It was extremely important for me to
> participate in your conference, but, unfortunately, just now Ukraine is in
> position of informational war, and on the brink of physical war. I have to
> be here (in Ukraine) now.
>
> I am very happy that my Ukrainian colleague - Andrii Paziuk - is invited
> to your conference. But I do not see him in the program of the conference.
>
> I do not see also any other participants from Ukraine in your program. Are
> you going to discuss any Digital Future for Europe without (at least)
> taking into consideration latest events in Ukraine? It's not about Ukraine
> in EU. It's about situation in Europe after latest events in Ukraine.
>
> I would be very happy to receive your personal feedback asap,
>
> Best regards from Ukraine,
> Oksana Prykhodko,
> director of iNGO European Media Platform
>

> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Benedek, Wolfgang (wolfgang.benedek at uni-
> graz.at) <wolfgang.benedek at uni-graz.at> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> may I draw Your attention to a pertinent conference on Shaping the
>> Digital Environment, Ensuring our Rights on the Internet   organized by
>> the Council of Europe and the Austrian Chairmanship of the CoE together
>> with the European Training and Research Centre for Human Rights and
>> Democracy of the University of Graz on 13 and 14 March 2014 in Graz.
>>
>> See program under:
>> http://www.coe.int/t/informationsociety/Config2014/GRAZ_Programme_13_February-2014_online%20.pdf
>>
>> Please, register under:
>> http://www.coe.int/t/informationsociety/Config2014/default_en.asp
>>
>> We would be happy to see many of You here!
>>
>> Wolfgang Benedek
>>
>> Prof.Dr.Wolfgang Benedek
>> European Training and Research Centre
>> on Human Rights and Democracy