[governance] FW: [ciresearchers] Global Access to the Internet for All (GAIA) is an IRTF initiative

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 00:44:29 EST 2014

This was just sent to the Community Informatics elist by an old
friend/colleague who has been working in the grassroots ICT trenches since
there were such and probably before (currently mostly with  US Amerindian
folks in New Mexico.

It rather sums up my response to Andrew (and I'm looking forward to Andrew's
response to me. i.e. it is isn't simply about substituting one inadequate
system of governance for another one which seems to have its own (and
potentially worse sets of inadequacies and limitations) but rather of
finding ways forward to deepen and enrich what we already have with what we
now have come into possession of.