[governance] Finding IGC voice... again, on NETMundial and beyond.

parminder at itforchange.net parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Mar 3 05:34:33 EST 2014

> Hi Mawaki
>
> I think it would be great if IGC could make some sort of submission for
> NetMundial, but with a March 8 deadline and a preceding consensus call it
> may prove difficult
>
> I would leave my proposal re IANA out of it because I know many here have
> different opinions (some slight, some major) and I dont think a consensus
> statement could be achieved.

Ian

We can take the spirit of your IANA proposal while at the same time
accommodating differences about it perhaps through a formulation like the
following:

"Unilateral oversight by the US government of CIR management is
undemocratic and untenable. It should immediately be replaced by an
appropriate alternate mechanism where all people of the world have an
equal role"

We may add this principle to Luois' principles..

parminder

So perhaps we should concentrate on Louis’s