[governance] Re: [bestbits] NetMundial Alliance

Baudouin Schombe baudouin.schombe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 06:00:15 EDT 2014

Hello Christophe,

Following my own reading and according to my understanding, I think it is a
position that edified and gives more clarity on the role of ICANN in
dynamic discussions on Internet governance.

ICANN has its role to play and IGF also has its own specifications
depending on the load of each.

In this context, it is understood that the concept of "multistakeholder" is
a model that has succeeded in ICANN. It was applied at the NetMundial.

Participatory and inclusive approach, global dynamics found it a mobilizing
and holistic approach: "THE MULTISTAKEHOLDERS CONCEPT."

This concept that can be enriched by taking into account the cultural,
social and political factors of each people, each country etc. ..

jeanchristophe.nothias at gmail.com>:

> Here is the transcript of what FC said when he closed the GAC/Board
> meeting with this statement (sorry about the caps lock):
>
> FINALLY, I JUST WANT TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE ALLIANCE. AS I SAID
> YESTERDAY, ICANN HAS BEEN DOING A BIT OF EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY IN THE
> SPACE OF INTERNET GOVERNANCE. OUR JOB IS TO COORDINATE NAMES AND NUMBERS.
> IT IS NOT TO SOLVE INTERNET GOVERNANCE FOR THE WORLD. HOWEVER, WE ALSO
> RECOGNIZE THAT WE LIVE IN AN ECOSYSTEM, AND IF THAT ECOSYSTEM CONTINUES AT
> EVERY TURN TO QUESTION MULTISTAKEHOLDERISM AND HOW WE WORK TOGETHER AND HOW
> WE MAKE DECISIONS, THAT'S NOT HEALTHY. AND, FRANKLY, SOME OF US HAD BECOME
> A LITTLE BIT TIRED OF BEING DEFENSIVE ABOUT THE GREAT MODEL THAT LED TO
> THIS INCREDIBLE THING WE CALL THE INTERNET.
> AND SO A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AGO, WE ENGAGED IN A POSITIVE, CONSTRUCTIVE
> EFFORT TO SHOW THAT MULTISTAKEHOLDERISM ACTUALLY WORKS. WE CONTRIBUTED TO
> 1NET, TO NETMUNDIAL, TO THE ILVES PANEL.
> BUT IT IS ALSO TIME FOR ICANN TO STEP BACK IN LINE AND TO JOIN A BROADER
> GROUP. WE CANNOT CONTINUE TO BE LEADING THIS ALONE. SO WE ARE BRINGING
> ALONG OUR TECHNICAL COMMUNITY, OTHER GOOD INSTITUTIONS AND GOVERNMENTS THAT
> BELIEVE IN A MODEL OF GOVERNANCE THAT SUPPORTS AN OPEN INTERNET, SUPPORTS
> AN INTERNET ECONOMY THAT THRIVES, SUPPORTS ALL THE THINGS THAT MANY OF US
> BELIEVE IN.
>
> JC
>

> Le 25 juin 2014 à 04:00, chlebrum . a écrit :
>
> Yes, I was there. But it was not very clear what he said as "alliance",
> just a sentence in an interminable speech.
>
> Chantal Lebrument
>
>    1.

>> ?
>> Me too
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Nnenna Nwakanma <nnenna75 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi people
>>>
>>> Who was in the GAC/Board meeting today when ICANN President announced a
>>> "NetMundial Alliance" in London at ICANN50?
>>>
>>> Will appreciate more insight.
>>>
>>> Thanks upfront
>>>
>>> Nnenna

>> --
>> --
>>
>> Joana Varon Ferraz
>> @joana_varon
>> PGP 0x016B8E73

>>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

> Chantal Lebrument
>
> ​Courriel: lebrument at open-root.eu
> Mob: +33 6 8369 5460
>     http://www.igcaucus.org/

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

*SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN*
*REPRESENTANT OFFICIEL TICAFRICA ET CYBERVILLAGE at FRICA/RDC*

*COORDINATION NATIONALE CAFECCOORDINATION NATIONALE REPRONTIC*

Téléphone mobile:+243998983491/+243813684512
email                  : b.schombe at gmail.com
skype                 : b.schombe
blog                    : http://akimambo.unblog.fr