[governance] Just Net Coalition

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Jun 24 18:59:34 EDT 2014

Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au> wrote:

> On 24 Jun 2014, at 4:53 pm, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:
>
> > That ambiguity is intentional, as we unfortunately still haven't
> > succeeded in finishing the process of finalizing the list of
> > founding members (which involves sorting out precisely
> > organizational memberships and personal memberships etc, and
> > organizations having to go through their internal decision-making
> > processes etc.)
>
> <snark>
> Fortunate that we aren't so zealous in holding Just Net Coalition to
> the same standards of transparency and accountability that Just Net
> members hold everyone else to. </snark>

One standard of transparency and accountability that I'm trying to live
up to is that I try to be open and honest in regard to the ways in which
I and that what I do and what I'm involved with are not perfect.

I can't disclose information that I don't have because it doesn't exist
yet.

However I can be open about the somewhat embarrassing fact that even
four months after the meeting in Delhi, at which the participants
decided by consensus to create the Just Net Coalition and adopted its
foundational document, which we're calling the Delhi Declaration, we
still don't have a formal list of founding members.

This is the reason why the list of participants of that meeting in Delhi
is still serving as a proxy. It's the best available approximation.

We simply don't have a precise list of founding members yet.

This is a known shortcoming of where we are in the process of getting
organized, and it is being worked on.

Greetings,
Norbert
co-convenor, Just Net Coalition