[governance] Fwd: Leaked TISA Text Shows Clash On Data Transfer, Regulatory Transparency

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sat Jun 21 06:11:02 EDT 2014

As far as I see it this simply lets banks and financial institutions hire a company in, say, India to process data that earlier could not be exported out or the USA or EU.  Such data can be and is already subject to regulation in countries around the world.  I am sorry if I am missing an igov angle to all this that you evidently see.

--srs (iPad)