[governance] Re: [bestbits] Your key ICANN issues as a user

NURSES ACROSS THE BORDERS nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 08:15:34 EDT 2014

Hello Nnenna,
Congratulations. We are aware of your assignment as members of the Stakeholders as an At Large Structure within the ALAC in ICANN

As a member of the planning committee for this event I have been aware of your coming,
My involvement in ICANN is that of an end user and not a technocrat.
In contributing to your keynote address as requested, one major issue ICANN should take on board and we have been advocating is to give the end user a bigger voice within ICANN and its processes. As desireable as the need for technicalities and expertise is the need for those of 'us' who uses the internet for our daily activities either socially or for official mails to be given a voice. Without the end user, the internet will be like a car without a driver. Given equal opportunities. A place within the Board of ICANN is not out of place. ICANN should give more attention and support to At Large Structures and internet societies in the developing countries to engage and promote ICANN feasibilty in these countries by sponsorship of programs initiated by us. ICANN is yet to be popular in Africa.
I hope this make some senses to you? Take care and see you in London.
Best

Pastor Peters Osawaru OMORAGBON,

Treasurer, Central Association of Nigerians in the UK-CANUK

Executive President/CEO-Nurses Across the Borders Inc.(USA & NIGERIA)
President, Diaspora Nurses Association of Nigeria- DNAN
International Liaison Officer, Nigerian Nurses Charitable Association-UK (NNCA-UK
General Secretary, Civil Society Network on Climate Change in Nigeria

Fellow-Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers- ICANNFellow-Open Society Institute, BudapestDesignated Focal Person-United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change- UNFCCC in NigeriaBoard Member, Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the UN- CONGO

Member, Steering Committee, Regional Committee for Africa-Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the UN- CONGOTel: +441438729726, +234-8052658024,Email: nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com, petersomoragbon2 at yahoo.co.uk,

www.nursesacrosstheborders.org