[governance] Vint Verf tells us the conclusion of the complex IANA transition process

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Jul 26 10:48:26 EDT 2014

On 25-Jul-14 13:16, Deirdre Williams wrote:
> So far this year I have "attended" several meetings, either physically
> or virtually. In every case I have asked for a definition of
> "multistakeholder"

Whenever I need a definition, I use:

The study and practice of forms of participatory democracy that allow
for all those who have a stake and who have the inclination, to
participate on equal footing in the deliberation of issues and the
recommendation of solutions. While final decisions and implementation
may be assigned to a single stakeholder group, these decision makers are
always accountable to all of the stakeholders for their decisions and
the implementations.

It is just hard to live up to, and each of the words in the definition
need to be defined as well.  But it is my working definition.

avri
m17m.org