[governance] Vint Verf tells us the conclusion of the complex IANA transition process

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 13:16:43 EDT 2014

So far this year I have "attended" several meetings, either physically or
virtually. In every case I have asked for a definition of
"multistakeholder", or, failing that, for whatever joint perception the
particular meeting had of the meaning, the attributes, of the term.
I have been disappointed every time.
However it seems to me that this leaves "us" free to establish a definition
by popular acclaim, to make "multistakeholder" mean what we want it to
mean, and, as Mehrzad suggests, teach that meaning to the children from
when they are small.
There is a lot of emphasis on "inclusion", but I think we must also
emphasise "responsibility" and "respect".
Deirdre

On 24 July 2014 11:15, Mehrzad.azghandi <mehrzad.azghandi at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Parminder
>
> 'Multistakeholder community' is a much more controllable political space/
> concept. '
>

> That's absolutely truth. But the solution in my point of view is enforcing
> civil society for more and more involvement.
> MSim should be started from elementary schools.
>
> Regards
> Mehrzad
>

> +1
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Jul 24, 2014, at 8:08 AM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
>
> 'Multistakeholder community' is a much more controllable political space/
> concept.

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979