[governance] Re: Root Server

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 14:56:43 EDT 2014

Hi Stephane,

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer
<bortzmeyer at internatif.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 06:43:20AM -0500,
>  McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote
>  a message of 72 lines which said:
>
>> so mathematically, we could have 20 rootops instead of 13 once all
>> rootops are v6 enabled.
>
> May I suggest that you read the very interesting Internet-Draft?
> Because you get it completely wrong (there is no limit on the number
> of "root name servers" in this proposal, read it).

I did read it, perhaps my interpretation is wrong:

"Then we get the following formula,

                        12+5+31+15*(N-1)+16*N+28*N<1232

       Accordingly, N=20, which means that the root servers can only be
       increased by 7 more in the IPv6 transport environment (without EDNS0
       [8] and TCP supporting)."

What did I miss?

--
Cheers,