[governance] Global trade in medicines - we have a new regulator

Adam ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue Jul 22 09:02:31 EDT 2014

WHO staff were involved in the new gTLD process, and also in previous gTLD application rounds. WHO quite aware of the process.  They were concerned about .health and had considered applying, but (if I remember correctly) there wasn't time for agreement within WHO (admin processes) to make an application.  I don't remember them showing any interest at the time in .pharmacy or any likely drug/health etc string.

Adam