[governance] Rupert Murdoch Says Businesses Should Have A Larger Say in Public Policy

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Jul 17 21:15:29 EDT 2014

At 02:36 18/07/2014, Pranesh Prakash wrote:
> > "The trouble, I find, is usually unions represent hundreds of
> > thousands of voters whereas a business represents just one."

Well, this is a good idea.

When businesses are companies of people, they do vote through their
people. When business become coporations of stockholders they should
vote through their tax contributing stockholders. One might also
compute the average citizen tax contribution and for business related
issues each corporation would have as many votes as they paid average
tax contributions. Them to chose in which country they want to pay
taxes and run business. The Public Debt issue is also due to the "inversion".

Now, there also is the case of non-profits whch should receive a vote
per voluntary member.

Or businesses might also this way elect the "Shop", aside of the
"Senate" and the "House" and the whole Congress must approve the
laws. Then I think in entire fairness, since kds are consumers,
parents should also be proxy voters for their kids for the civil chambers.

jfc