[governance] Re: [bestbits] Report from the meeting of the Executive Committee - Net Mundial

Baudouin Schombe baudouin.schombe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 02:06:04 EST 2014

Hello Marilia

You provides a very good overview preparations for a summit of Brazil.
I think we can make some contributions in the DRC because we have our first
meeting of local actors in February 18, 2014.

2014-01-28 Carolina Rossini <carolina.rossini at gmail.com>

> Marilia,
>
> Thank you for your email, time and focus on this. Will this committee
> prepare any content for the meeting? Is there any group on the Brazil side
> working on principles? Will the submissions be available in the website
> after being done for consultation by other stakeholders? What will this or
> other committee do with the submissions? tks

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 9:29 PM, Marilia Maciel <mariliamaciel at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>

>> This is an attempt to summarize the main points discussed today at the
>> meeting of the Executive multi-stakeholder committee (EMC). Notes are based
>> on my own perceptions and views. Adam or C.A. may correct or complement
>> them.
>>

>> General impression: the meeting went very well, the atmosphere was
>> cooperative and our chairs managed to balance the free flow of ideas with
>> discipline regarding schedule. We went through all agenda items and
>> finished the meeting on time. The down side was that the microphone in the
>> room did not capture very well those that were sitting far from it. Adam
>> reported some difficulties and this is something to be improved.
>>

>> Regarding the substantive agenda:
>>

>> *1. **Work Plan of EMC*
>>
>> - The group plans to have 2 more face to face meetings. It was agreed
>> that each member needs to provide his own funding to attend. Remote
>> participation will be available.
>>
>> - Each meeting should be reported with a summary. News will be posted to
>> the website
>>
>> - Conference calls will be scheduled as necessary
>>
>> - Communication in the list will be used to continue the discussion
>> in-between meetings and calls
>>

>> *2. April Meeting agenda (main topics)*
>>
>> - The group agreed with the importance of two items currently on the
>> agenda
>>
>> - The group identified the need to flesh out the two items a little more
>> to improve clarity. I believe the paragraphs will be posted to the website.
>>

>> *3. Participation criteria*
>>
>> - The group was guided by some basic ideas such as: openness, equality
>> and flexibility
>>
>> - The group agreed that the meeting should be open. The practical
>> limitation is physical space. The exact capacity is yet to be confirmed,
>> because the location of the event was not decided: there are two options on
>> the table (see the section “venue” below). But a viable figure seems to be
>> between 700 to 800 people. The aim is to have balance among stakeholder
>> groups.
>>
>> - The meeting will have like a “pre-registration”. Individuals will
>> register on the website (more or less like the IGF) stating their
>> institutional affiliation, stakeholder group and previous experience with
>> the theme.
>>
>> - The group believed that it is very possible that the registrations of
>> individuals from stakeholder groups will not exceed the number of “slots”
> [...]

*SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN*
*REPRESENTANT OFFICIEL TICAFRICA ET CYBERVILLAGE at FRICA/RDC*

*COORDINATION NATIONALE CAFECCOORDINATION NATIONALE REPRONTIC*

Téléphone mobile:+243998983491/+243813684512
email                  : b.schombe at gmail.com
skype                 : b.schombe
blog                    : http://akimambo.unblog.fr